This document provides explanations for drive carrier LED behavior. Drive carriers will typically have two LEDs for activity and drive faults.
- Green or blue, depending on the backplane
- Drive activity is present
- Drive not present, or if using SATA drives, no activity on the disk
- SAS drive is present, no activity
- Drive is a hot spare, or unassigned
- Drive has failed, or is incomplete (in the middle of a rebuild)
- For drives in the middle of a rebuild, the fault light and activity light will be simultaneously active until the rebuild completes