This article will assist with navigating LSI's website to obtain drivers, firmware, and management software for RAID controllers and HBAs. You will need to know the model number of the controller for the next steps, see here for instructions on how to identify your controller.
- Avago/LSI MegaRAID series RAID controllers
- Avago/LSI SAS HBAs
- Supermicro AOC controller add-on cards*
- Supermicro ROMB controllers*
*Note: Supermicro add-on cards and embedded ROMB controllers will not be listed in the downloads pages on LSI's website, since the firmware for these controllers is maintained separately by Supermicro. However, you can still use the drivers and management software provided by LSI with these custom firmwares.
When searching for downloads that will work with Supermicro controllers, use the model number of a comparable LSI controller that shares the same SAS controller chipset. For example, the Supermicro AOC-USAS2-L8i uses a LSI SAS 2008 chipset, so another SAS 2008 controller such as the LSI SAS 9211-8i will provide compatible drivers and utilties.
Contact Support if you need assistance identifying a substitute card model.
- Proceed to Avago/LSI's main web page here: http://www.lsi.com/pages/default.aspx
- Hover the cursor over Support at the top of the page, then select "Find Support Documents and Downloads".
- On the next page, select "Storage" from the drop-down list under "For which component type?"
- Under "For which product family?", choose "RAID Controllers" if using a MegaRAID controller, and "Host Bus Adapters" if using a SAS HBA.
- Under "For which product?", select your controller model number from the drop-down list. If your controller model is not listed, it may have been moved to the legacy section. In that case, switch the product family to "Legacy RAID Controllers" or "Legacy Host Bus Adapters".
- Under "For which asset type?", choose "All Asset Types" to view all available downloads for the controller, or refine your search to drivers, firmware, etc. using the corresponding option from the list.
- After making your selections, click on "Search" to display available downloads. In this example, we'll use the MegaRAID 9361-8i controller.
The results page will present downloads in collapsible lists, which you can expand by clicking on the + sign.
The page will also give you the option of downloading archived firmware and driver releases, in case you need to roll back to a previous release. To access archived downloads, expand either the Driver or Firmware sections, then click on "Archived" just below the section title.